|Description||Four port 10/100 Ethernet switch interface card Cisco Router High-Speed WAN Interface card|
|Target Applications||Data, voice, and video|
|Supported Router Platforms||● Cisco 1800 (modular), Cisco 2800, and Cisco 3800 series integrated services routers:|
● Cisco 1841 (supports HWIC-4ESW only; no PoE support)
● Cisco 2801
● Cisco 2811
● Cisco 2821
● Cisco 2851
● Cisco 3825
● Cisco 3845
• Cisco 1941
• Cisco 2901
• Cisco 2911
• Cisco 2921
• Cisco 2951
• Cisco 3925
• Cisco 3945
|Form Factor||● HWIC-4ESW = Single-wide HWIC form factor|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||● HWIC-4ESW = 3.08 x 4.74 x 0.76 in.|
|Weight||● HWIC-4ESW = 79 grams (0.17 lb)|
|IEEE Protocols||● Ethernet: IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T|
● Fast Ethernet: IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX
● IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
● IEEE 802.1p CoS for Traffic Prioritization
● IEEE 802.1q VLAN
● IEEE 802.1x Security
● IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex
● IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Standard
|RFC||RFC 2284, PPP Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)|
|MIBs||● RFC 1213|
● IF MIB
● RFC 2037 ENTITY MIB
● BRIDGE MIB (RFC 1493)
● OSPF MIB (RFC 1253)
● ETHER-LIKE-MIB (RFC 1643)
|Manageability||● SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management.|
● An embedded Remote Monitoring (RMON) software agent supports four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis.
● A Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) port can mirror traffic from one or many ports to another port for monitoring all nine RMON groups with an RMON probe or network analyzer.
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) reduces the cost of administering software upgrades by downloading from a centralized location.
● Network Timing Protocol (NTP) provides an accurate and consistent time stamp to all switches within theintranet.
● Two LEDs per port provide convenient visual indication of the port link and inline power status.
● Crash information support helps enable a switch to generate a crash file for improved troubleshooting.
● Show-interface capabilities provide information about the configuration capabilities of any interface.
● The Response Time Monitoring (RTTMON) MIB allows users to monitor network performance between the HWIC switch and a remote device.
|Connectors and Cabling||● 10BASE-T ports: RJ-45 connectors, two-pair Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cabling|
● 100BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5 UTP cabling
|Indicators||● Link status LED: One LED per port for indicating link status|
● Inline power LED: One LED per port system for inline power status indication
|Internal Power Supply||Optional PoE system power supply available for all Cisco 2800 and Cisco 3800 series routers|
|External Redundant Power Supply (RPS2300)||Optional for the Cisco 2800 series and Cisco 2900 Series routers|
|Internal Redundant Power Supply||For the Cisco 3845, 3925 and 3945 router only|
|DC Power Support||● DC system power input available on the Cisco 2811/2911, Cisco 2821/2921, Cisco 2851/2951, Cisco 3825/3925, and Cisco 3845/3945 routers; PoE option not available with DC system power input|
|Software Support||● Minimum Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(8)T for 1841. 280 Series and 3800 Series routers:|
IP Base image.• Minimum Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(1)M for Cisco 1900 Series, Cisco 2900 Series and
Cisco 3900 Series routers: IP Base License of the Universal image.
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 85% noncondensing operating; 5 to 95% noncondensing, nonoperating|
|Nonoperating Temperature||-4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)|
|Operating Altitude||(Moderate 1.5°C per 1000 feet)|
|Regulatory Compliance, Safety, EMC||● When installed in a Cisco 1841, Cisco 2800, or Cisco 3800 router, the Cisco EtherSwitch HWIC meets the standards (regulatory compliance, safety, EMC) of the router itself. Refer to the data sheets for the Cisco 1841, Cisco 2800, and Cisco 3800 series routers for more details|